Administration & Events Co-ordinator
A junior position as an Administration & Events Co-ordinator has become available as Africa’s leading trail running specialist Wildrunner. This position will be based at the Wildrunner Offices in Westlake, Cape Town, and reporting into the Events Manager.
This is an intense working environment that demands positive and pro-active character. Trail running & outdoor experience is vital, as is the ability to be extremely organised and efficient, be able to think on your feet and to plan & execute operational plans with lateral thinking is paramount to success in this role. This role is hands-on and involves working both alone and as part of a small dynamic team on a daily basis as well as bigger teams on event day. You will be covering a wide range of activities all requiring clear communication, excellent organizational & people skills and attention to detail. Previous event experience is an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
Essential attributes include:
- Very strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & telephonic.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint at intermediate level.
- English first language.
- A physically active and energetic person who is confident and thrives on working in a team.
- Available to work after hours and weekends when needed and adhere to tight deadlines under pressure
- Represent the Wildrunner brand by leading an active and healthy lifestyle, including being a regular trail runner.
- Possess a strong sense of responsibility & work ethic.
- Problem solving ability & positive attitude.
- Own transport and valid driver’s licence.
- Tertiary education qualification.
- Leadership skills.
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with new and existing suppliers, venues and sponsors
- Handle general office queries (telephone & email)
- Grasp and handle office administration
- Store room & stock maintenance
- Work on event days, managing registration & merchandise
- Merchandise stock take and ordering
- Report to the Event Manager
Salary expectations will be discussed in the interview phase and any remuneration agreement will depend on many factors including experience. The salary range is between R12,000-R15,000.
If you fit this description above and your hands are shaking with excitement then please send a short CV (with photo) with detailed references to email@example.com - along with a short motivation convincing us that you are the one, by Friday 9th September 2016. If you do not hear from us by the 17th September you can accept that your application was unsuccessful.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Wildrunner Team